From The Sabbat of OWbN
email contact: Thrones
- Ductus: Isaac, Salubri Antitribu
- Priest: Sister Persephone, Malkavian Antitribu
- Abbot: Bilis Tarleton, Ventrue Antitribu
- Packmate: Marcus, Pander
- Packmate: Long Tom, Nosferatu Antitribu
- Packmate: Lucian Arcos (Tzimisce, emigrated)
- Packmate: former Abbot-Spooky (Nosferatu, promoted)
- Packmate: Soroush (Salubri, deceased)
- Packmate: WiseFool/Jonas/Marshall (traitor)
- Packmate: Cecilia (Lasombra, deceased)
- Packmate: Daniel (City Gangrel, emigrated)
- Packmate: Marie (Nosferatu, emigrated)
- Packmate: Switchblade Eddie (Lasombra, emigrated)
- Packmate: Lucas "Riot" Kendon (Assamite, promoted)
- Packmate: Ambrose Bierce, Lasombra
Concept: Ezekiel 1:15-21 (New International Version)
(15) As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. (16) This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be make like a wheel intersecting a wheel. (17) As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. (18) Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.
(19) When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. (20) Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. (21) When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
The Thrones are the order of Angels known as 'Ophans' or 'Watchers'. These angels carry the Throne of G-d. The pack that has named themselves after them do similar, watching and waiting, but for what?
The impetus for their formation as a pack was a direct response to the lack of planning often associated with the Sabbat. When plans of attack are best described as "Get 'em, Ray", and "I hit it with a rock", the Thrones throw their skills at detection and investigation into the fray, and before their brothers and sisters fully arm themselves. Through this, they are able to best help to direct where forces are most appropriately utilized, rather than just marched out onto the field of slaughter.
Favored Ritae: Sermons of Caine. Stealth Ritae. Fire Dancing. Hide and Seek (Customized game of Instinct). Feast of St. Priscus (pack-only ignoblis ritae).
Territory: North of Ocala.
(shared only within the pack, and known to its members)
The Thrones will be observers. We will see the things that others miss. We will know while others remain ignorant.
The Thrones are patient. Rash thoughts and actions leads to chaos. Chaos leads to defeat. We will not be defeated.
The Thrones are silent. The wise will strain to hear a whisper over angry shouts. The quiet Cainite hears what the loud miss.
The Thrones are invisible. None will know when and where we move. Our actions will be revealed when it benefits the whole of the Diocese.
The Thrones act with precision. We are surgeons to the Sword of Caine. We destroy viruses and excise the cancers that weaken the body.
Observation. Patience. Silence. Invisibility. Precision. These are our watchwords. Through this mantra we will prevail where lessers fail.
The pack’s mission is paramount. The only exceptions will be to defer to the Code of Milan, and other political considerations so long as they do not weaken the pack.
If you are not the one picking the battle, then you should make every effort to extract yourself from it. You learn nothing by dying; it weakens the pack and leaves us all vulnerable.At our zenith, each member of the pack should be able to back up the abilities of another. Should one fall, another should be able to pick up the flag.
Closing in on four years within the Diocese, the Thrones are the longest standing active (PC) pack in the area.
- March 28, 2009: Lucas 'Riot' Kendon, Bilis Tarleton & Isaac found the Thrones. Isaac is Pack Priest, Lucas is Ductus.
- April 18, 2009: Bilis becomes Ductus. Edward added.
- June 2009: Added Soroush. Overcame local feeding restrictions through superior intellect.
- October 2009: Last known sighting of the Thrones as a full-fledged pack for a time. Soroush leaves the Thrones.
- April 2010: Isaac reappears in Temple, more wizened and claiming that Bilis and Lucas have gone on a pilgrimage to Mexico City. The future of the pack is in flux at that moment, but Isaac begins recruiting.
- October 17, 2010: Isaac recruits Marshall and Persephone, who in turn recruit Cecilia and Daniel. Bilis and Lucas still in Mexico City.
- December 23, 2010: Isaac leads the Diocese in the Binding, on the Winter Solstice, during a full moon and eclipse.
- January 22, 2011: Marshall & Cecilia leave the Thrones, as their violent and impatient tendencies do not mesh with the pack goals and vision.
- March 2011: Scandal erupts as it's revealed that Marshall is in fact a Tremere infiltrator. Isaac endures contrition ritae. Lucas returns to Ocala, but does not commit to returning to the Thrones.
- May 2011: Also under contrition, Spooky is added to the roster. His capabilities match and complement the Thrones; The pack gets back to it's original mission statement.
- July 2011: The Thrones begin investigations on the 'Church of Unified Diversity', a cover for a church of Neo-Carthaginians that have landed within Ocala. Said investigation culminates with a Black Hand strike that eliminates the head of the NC 'church'.
- Sept-Oct 2011: Baali and infernalist attacks siege the city immediately after Isaac returns from the Convention of Fire in New Orleans. Of the initial four infernal that were exposed, the Thrones personally accounted for three of their deaths. Four infernalists remained.
- Palla Grande 2011: Continual rooting out of internal threats to the city. Infernalists roused the ire of werewolves. The Thrones redouble their efforts to find the weaknesses of all threats, and help direct forces.
- Nov-Dec 2011: Infernalist attacks gained momentum. Twice the Thrones have to clean up threats to the Diocese that they uncover--that other Cainites cannot or will not handle. Infernal 'blood plague' infects a third of the Diocese, preventing the Binding from occurring. The Thrones locate the Baali hive, and deduce the vectors the disease takes in infecting Cainites.
- January 7, 2012: The New Year starts with a tumultuous combat against the forces of the infernal. In a rare change of modus operandi, Isaac is on the front lines with Aidan Malone and Grande Papi Diablo in direct conflict with the demon and its minions, while Persephone & Spooky provide overwatch. He explains: "It was an end game scenario. If we failed in this, then none of the diocese would have survived, and the Thrones mission would have been moot."
- March 17, 2012: Isaac is named Templar to Bishop Papi Diablo. Clean-up of issues left over from the Infernal issues, namely the Son of the Grub & wraiths created by sacrifices have taken their attention, also issues of city-bound werewolves.
- April 2012: Due to an incredible snafu involving a traitor to the Sword, infernal interdiction and an infiltrator, Spooky has been eliminated. Isaac scrambles to find new packmates to face the threats to the Sword, both within and without.
- May - June 2012: The Thrones lead the Diocese in the final elimination of the infernal threat. They also add Lucian, a potent Tzimisce to their number.
- July-August 2012: Only Persephone has been seen around the Diocese, and even then, rarely. Isaac makes a known return when Setite, Giovanni and the Fae make threats upon the city.
- September-December 2012: Investigations into the Giovanni have led down a rabbit hole of intrigue; they may not be the threat once thought, but are a threat on a different level.
They've secured their place in Ocala, and recruited like minded Cainites. In their first months, they quietly put together a purpose and meaning, which came to fruition. They have a secure communal haven, and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the packs of Ocala, eliminating enemies of the Sword.
New members are always being watched and vetted.
Common purpose and mindset have brought the members of the Thrones together. The Thrones are the watcher angels of G-d.
In this, they came together to gather intelligence on the enemies of the Sword, as well as to preach patience to the more bloodthirsty members of the Sabbat.
- Those within the Sword who seek to destabilize it.
- Any outside threats to the Sword, including but not limited to: The Infernal, The Camarilla, Werewolves, etc.
- Wisefool, a.k.a. Marshall, a.k.a. Bentley, a.k.a. Jonas--Tremere infiltrator.
- The Thrones are under orders of the Archbishop, and answer only to him.
- The Thrones killed practically every problem Cainite in Ocala in a summer awash in blood in 2009. Their only failure was stopping a wassailing wight.
- The original Thrones were Black Hand.
- There are members of the Thrones hidden in other packs.
- They are seeking one last recruit to fill in one last important role.
- During the Baali/infernal infestation of Ocala in late '11/early '12, no other pack accounted for more enemy casualties, or saved more Cainite unlives than the Thrones.