From The Sabbat of OWbN
Real Name: Unknown
Apparent Age: Impossible to discern
Physical description: Virtually no part of Rex's actual flesh is normally visible under layers of clothing that cover him from head to toe. His manner of dress -- cargo pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt -- would be unremarkable if not for the uniform black color and the cloaked mask concealing his head. Only his eyes can be seen past the mask, and even those only with some difficulty. Those who make the effort to establish eye contact sometimes find his *Intense (x3) stare disquieting, but his manner and bearing are not meant to make his brothers and sisters any more uncomfortable around him than they might already be.
- Enlightened as Priest of Monstrosity
- Respected as Templar to Archbishop Liyu Naya of the Virginias
- Ominous as Templar to Archbishop Liyu Naya of the Virginias
- Initiated as True Sabbat
- Supported as a show of faith, c. 2019
by Ductus Erebus of the pack Nightshade
- Dedicated to Virginia, c. 2019
by Ductus Sharkface of Monstrosity
- Ordained with the support of the Virginia clergy, c. 2019
by Archbishop Liyu Naya of the Virginias
- Militant for contributions to a call to arms, c. 2019
by Cardinal Anka of the central United States
- Respected within the Archdiocese of the Virginias, c. 2019
by Archbishop Liyu Naya of the Virginias
Shortly after his embrace, Rex was left to run with a nomadic pack led by a Ventrue Antitribu, whose lessons greatly shaped his understanding of what it means to be Sabbat. Shortly after being called back to Richmond, he became a founding member of the Forgotten, which he served as Abbot. When that pack dissolved, he received permission from Bishop Manuel of Richmond to operate without a pack until such a time as he found one that suited his purposes. He then spent an extended period away, ostensibly with a nomadic pack called either "the Four of Swords" or "the Five of Swords."
In late 2018, Rex returned -- without his Humanity -- to Richmond at his sire's call for the founding of the pack "Monstrosity," serving as priest and receiving training for the role from Father Erebus. In the final days of the year he was named Templar to Archbishop Liyu Naya of Virginia mere hours before his packmate and pupil Mr. Nobody was sentenced to Final Death. Rex took the loss poorly, the execution of the sentence by his brother's own hand driving him to his very first publicly-known frenzy. He then attended a sectwide party hosted by Loyalist Demagogue Eric Draven, where he seemed to work through some of his grief while establishing stronger relationships with a few brothers and sisters outside of his pack, and by the Binding, he seemed to have largely stabilized.
In early 2019, a ferociously strong friendship with Ductus Shelly Carter became increasingly apparent. He underwent ordination as a priest with the support of the Archdiocese of Virginia's clergy at the end of March in a ceremony performed by Archbishop Liyu Naya with the ceremonial sponsorship of his clanmate, Father Aubrey Sands. Not long after, at the 2019 Ecumenical Council, when a proposal was presented in absentia that Wanga be forbidden as "softcore infernalism" and no one volunteered to champion it, he answered the call of the sect's leadership for someone to present as a "devil's advocate," receiving some acclaim from the attendees for his handling of a matter that risked seriously offending many of the attendees.
- Ductus: Sharkface
- Priest: Rex
- Abbot: Malcolm Edwards
- Brother: The Dane
- Sister: Peggy
- Brother: Burnface
- Allegiant: Eugene Valeska
- Shelly Carter
- Aubrey Sands
- Archmagus Dimitri
- Father Erebus
- Jacob Lesauvage
- Mr. Nobody - DECEASED
- Guppyface - DECEASED
- The Dane
- Akemi Homura (especially in Rebellion)
and, to a lesser extent,
- Admiral Yi Sun-sin
- Red (from Transistor)
- Catatonia - "Stone by Stone" (Lyrics)
- The Wallflowers - "Empire in My Mind"
- Lorde - "Glory and Gore"
- Sea Wolf - "O Maria!"
- "I am at your disposal."
- "I do not kneel lightly."
- "You have a dedication to the calling of the clergy that fills me with gladness."
-Liyu Naya, Archbishop of Virginia
- "The Lore Masters are in need of Cainites like you, that have the drive to learn and can see the value of what such learning brings not only to themselves, but to the Sword."
-Dimitri, Arch Magus of the Occult Underground
- The Rex that "returned" in 2018 is not the original. Sharkface embraced a replacement after destroying the first.
- Rex is an abyssal entity created by Xander.
- Rex is really Sharkface's pet Mokolé.
Rex has never frenzied.
- Rex is a ruthless, unprincipled politician seeking to amass power for its own sake.
- Rex is a beacon of dutiful integrity.
- Rex is a beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure.
- When the time came for the voicing of objections or concerns during Rex's ordination, the members of his archdiocese held uncommonly silent.
Please feel free to add a rumor if you have one.