From The Sabbat of OWbN
- This Background represents a priest’s knowledge in the Ritae of the Sabbat. This background determines exactly how many of the sect’s ritae the priest knows. In addition, this background represents a ties to the ancient Tzimisce sorcerers who created the original Ritae. This explains why those outside of the Sabbat are unable to purchase this background. Only those truly faithful to the Sword of Caine may practice its rites. As such, No non Sabbat vampire may practice the Ritae of the Sabbat or possess this background. For the full list and details of this background please consult the Table Top Guide to the Sabbat page 94.
- For those games that so choose, this Background replaces the method by which members of the Sabbat practice and gain Ritae. Thus replacing the ability Rituals, in this fashion, from the MET Sabbat Guide. As that Rituals ability by the MET Sabbat Guide does not define how many Ritae each level gives. However, the Rituals ability still remains in play. It simply becomes the retest used for all challenged involving Sabbat Ritae.
(See page 93 of the Table Top Guide to the Sabbat)
- Level 1: Example: Recently acknowledged Kindred in the Camarilla
- Level 2: Example: Whip, Scourge
- Level 3: Example: Harpy,Keeper, and Sheriff
- Level 4: Example: Primogen or Seneschal
- Level 5: Example: Prince or Archon
(Taken From the OWbN Faction Packet)
All Faction members may purchase the background Faction Membership, which is described below.
- Faction Membership functions like any other background going from 1-5 for PCs. This background represents the ability to call upon other members of your Faction. It is not required for a character to have this Background to be a member. Rather it helps reflect their standing and support in their faction. This background has the following benefits and rules:
- Faction Membership may be spent once per month to gain the immediate and direct assistance from your Faction. Each level of this background represents one member of the Faction who will come to your aid and assistance if called. However, it should be noted that abuse of this background will result in loss of said background determined by a Storyteller. Like Allies and other similar backgrounds, storytellers are encouraged to enforce repercussions for use of this privilege. What assistance and aid the Faction gives is decided upon by the storyteller, but we do encourage it to be in line with the genre of said Faction.
- Locally Important Members of their Faction may purchase up to two levels of this Background. Regionally Important member may purchase up to the fourth level. And nationally important members may purchase the fifth level.
Part of the Sabbat Genre Guide